[Asterisk-Users] OH323 doesnt hear ringing

Aaron Martin listasterisk at comtek.co.nz
Sun Jan 25 18:38:08 MST 2004

I have Asterisk running with a combination of SIP and H323 clients.  I am using the OH323 module instead of the H323 one.

When the SIP clients ring each other, they can hear a ringing noise in the ear peice to let them know that the other parties phone is ringing.  However, when the H323 client rings a SIP client, there is no ringing sound at all, although as soon as the called party picks up the phone, everything works fine.  This is the entry from my extensions.conf:

exten => _7[5-9]X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},20,rt)
exten => _7[5-9]X,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => _7[5-9]X,3,Hangup

I assume that because I havr the 'r' in the dial string, the calling party should hear a ringing noice.  Any ideas?