[Asterisk-Users] Re: disable transfer on outgoing calls?

tad tad at media.mit.edu
Sat Jan 24 14:12:17 MST 2004

hi philipp (et al). thanks for the suggestion - but i
can't seem to get it to work.

i am able to use a local channel to pass arguments to a dial application.
for example, this successfully enables transfer on one leg of the call:

[incoming]
exten => s,1, Answer
exten => s,2, Dial(Local/s at outgoing/n|15|t)

[outgoing]
exten => s,1, Dial(Zap/2/95555555|15|r)

however, if i create the Local channel from either the manager interface
or a .call file, a subsequent Dial() call has transfer enabled on both legs, regardless of what
arguments i pass.

for example, this successfully parks a call, initializes an outbound
call, and bridges the two - but transfer (and ringthrough) is always
enabled on both legs:

[incoming]
exten => s,1, Answer
exten => s,2, agi,InitCall.agi ;script creates .call file to
Local/s at outboundleg/n and return context localleg,s,1
exten => s,3, ParkAndAnnounce(PARKED|60|Console|incoming,i,1)

[outboundleg]
exten => s,1, Dial(Zap/2/95555555|15|r)

[localleg]
exten => s,1, Wait(2)
exten => s,2, ParkedCall(701)

in the Console, i see:
Executing Dial("Local/s at outboundleg-efeb,2","Zap/2/95555555|15|r") in new
stack

so, either i'm doing something wrong (quite possible) or it looks like
there are default permissions that are granted to calls that originate in .call files that
cannot be disabled by Dial?  does anyone out there know anything about
this - either where it might be documented, or which are the relevant
source files?

btw, i have tried this without '/n' on the local channel, and with
transfer=no in my zapata.conf file. neither seemd to have any effect.

thanks again for your time,
tad