[Asterisk-Users] Has Nufone gone belly-up

Sathya sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 24 10:25:43 MST 2004

Folks,

I've ordered a new account from Nufone last month. Transferred money to
Nufone through their paypal account. I had communication with Nufone sales
up until two weeks back. Since then there were no replies to my emails.

I am afraid with this kind of unresponsiveness how one would run a reliable
service with this company. Have no bad feeling with Jeremy as the author of
widely used h323 channel, but my concern is about the company NuFone. Lot of
newcomers when asked for IAX termination/Origination we say NuFone. I just
want to record my experience so far, as it would help anyone wanted to start
with this company. I can live with the fact that they do not have any web
based interface for customers to do anything with the service as claimed by
the website. But cannot understand taking two weeks to answer a freaking
email. (Well in the absence of trouble ticketing system or web based access
to accounts, email is the only way to contact Nufone)

I have services running with Iconnect and Voicepulse etc and I was just
trying to use Nufone being well recommended in this list.

I am not here to tarnish Nufone name but I have no option but to ask the
community since there is no response to my emails or there is no indication
of when my service is available. If they have gone belly-up, well I can then
concentrate on some other company and consider my money as a cost of a bad
choice on my part.

If I am a very rare case who just had a bad experience with an excellent
company ( I wish ), Nufone please fix this ASSAP.

Later....

Sathya