[Asterisk-Users] Snom 200 phones not working.

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Fri Jan 23 07:40:08 MST 2004

Geert Nijpels wrote:
> Ariel Batista wrote:
>>
> I had the same problem, so I emailed SNOM. After a quick and clear
> reaction from SNOM, the following turns out:
>
> I have an SRV record set for Asterisk using both TCP and UDP, because
> I was first experimenting with SER and that SIP proxy DOES support
> TCP. Asterisk does not. So in firmware 2.02t the phone tried udp
> automatically, and in firmware 2.03o the phone tried to use tcp, which
> will not work in Asterisk. Removing the TCP SRV entry solved my
> problem Maybe this will solve your problem.

I found my main problem.  It was the way I was setting it up.  I was
putting the servers IP address in the authentication area.  This you
have to put asterisk instead.  And the IP address goes in the line area.

> However, I still have other problems with the SNOM phones:
> - All sound stops working sometimes (also ringtone)
> - Speech sometimes not working (not sure if it is RTP problem or SNOM
> firmware problem)
> - Sometimes the phone returns BUSY when not busy in firmware 2.02t.
> Resetting the phone or adding a new SIP line solves this. In firmware
> 2.03o, this is different. The phone does not respond and Asterisk
> gives the error: phone CIRCUIT BUSY. I have seen other posts here
> from people having the same problems.

I  have upgraded to the 2.03o and I have both phones working just fine.
I had the choppy sound and found out it was a network cable that was
bad.  I have it working with great sound now on gsm which before it
would only work with alaw.  ulaw seems to still have some what I call
hickcups.  You hear it sound but every now and then you hear a skip.