[Asterisk-Users] Snom 200 phones not working.

Geert Nijpels nijpels at euronet.nl
Fri Jan 23 02:29:40 MST 2004

Ariel Batista wrote:

>I have 2 Snom 200 and would like to get them to work properly with
>Asterisk.  With the Firmware 2.02t I am able to use the phone.  But only
>one line configured.  With there newer firmware 2.03o it will not allow
>me to make calls.  But I can get calls on the unit.  Again the 2nd line
>is not able to be registered.  Is this an issue with Asterisk or Snom?
>
>I could use some example configuration files.  I have followed the Snom
>FAQ step by step.  But it's still not working.

I had the same problem, so I emailed SNOM. After a quick and clear
reaction from SNOM, the following turns out:

I have an SRV record set for Asterisk using both TCP and UDP, because I
was first experimenting with SER and that SIP proxy DOES support TCP.
Asterisk does not. So in firmware 2.02t the phone tried udp
automatically, and in firmware 2.03o the phone tried to use tcp, which
will not work in Asterisk. Removing the TCP SRV entry solved my problem
Maybe this will solve your problem.

However, I still have other problems with the SNOM phones:
- All sound stops working sometimes (also ringtone)
- Speech sometimes not working (not sure if it is RTP problem or SNOM
firmware problem)
- Sometimes the phone returns BUSY when not busy in firmware 2.02t.
Resetting the phone or adding a new SIP line solves this. In firmware
2.03o, this is different. The phone does not respond and Asterisk gives
the error: phone CIRCUIT BUSY. I have seen other posts here from people
having the same problems.

Other people having the same problems? It makes my case a bit more clear
at SNOM when I can point them to a thread with a lot of people having
the same problems:-)

I am emailing with SNOM about these issues.

Kind regards,

Geert Nijpels