[Asterisk-Users] Mailing List Lag

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 23 04:29:40 MST 2004

Hi!

>  There are 60*60*24 seconds in a day 9E6 per messages/day
>  means a little over 100 messages per second sustained 24x7.
>  I really doubt it.

I know little to nothing about mailman, but this is where "smart" smtp
engines (esmtp?) and tools like LISTSERV come in that do everything they
can to explode the messages as late as possible. That can be done by
grouping messages by recipient domain etc, or handing off groups of
messages to other LISTSERVs that are "closer" to the recipients in
question.

Cheers, Philipp