[Asterisk-Users] Mailing List Lag

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 23:31:44 MST 2004

Maybe the words "nine million" was not ment to be taken
literally.  What if he said "about a gazillion"  Then we'd
all be arguing if "gazillion" == 1x10^14 or 1x10^16

Have you ever set up "mailman" on a Linux system?  9,000,000
would be a real trick setup not something you'd do with a
standard PC.  You have a rack full of mail servers, raid disks
and the works.  Lets do some math:

 There are 60*60*24 seconds in a day 9E6 per messages/day
 means a little over 100 messages per second sustained 24x7.
 I really doubt it.

I think "nine milion" is a technicl term just like "sh*t load"
or "way lots".

--- Philipp von Klitzing <klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > 9000000 mails / 150 per day = 60000 Subscribers..
> > Is the Asterisk community anywhere near that big??
>
> There is more than just one list on that MLM, and you'll probably
> have to
> count in adminstrative messages (?) and maybe even error messages.
>
> Still that would reveal a huge number of subscribers...
>
> Cheers, Philipp

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com