[Asterisk-Users] Background Noise

Jess Magnaye jess at arretni.com
Thu Jan 22 21:10:31 MST 2004

yes, power is also source of background noise, but not all the time. you
must also have proper grounding.

with pc-phone, it could also be related to your phone/speaker gain controls.
so u have to be definite on what kind of background noise u are getting.

best codec for sip? it's always best to have alaw or ulaw. :) but
bw-consuming. alaw is if u are using E1s. ulaw for T1s.  don't even bother
to use gsm. better get g729.  some says u can use g723.1 with * w/o add'l
purchase of license or something.. but i couldn't make this codec work. (so
i went for g729.. :) ) im testing its quality though as digium cards are
using CPUs as DSPs.