[Asterisk-Users] Background Noise

Jonathan Biggs jon_209 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 09:01:11 MST 2004

Just to add some info from recent experience. May
help,
May not   1 X100P  2 X 4 port TDM400P

Had to hook a dial-in palm PDA base for a custom
software implementation to my * system and have the
modem dial out and work properly.  Phone connects to
second port on PDA Base

Experienced very bad "electrical" type noise on the
line, hum, buzz, fad in and out. would come and go.

Switched ports, wires,  rxgain and txgain changes,
phone changes, nothing helped

the PDA base is also connected via serial port (or USB
did not matter) to desktop computer for sync purposes

Through trial and error.  Found noise coming from
connection to desk top computer. On, Off did not
matter.

Resolution.  The power strip surge protector I was
using on the desktop computer has two modes for noise
filtration built in.  75 Hertz (or something, don;t
remember) and 50 Hertz.  I moved the plug for the
desktop from the 75 side to the 50 side,  All noise on
line now gone.

Not sure if this helps, constant noise on all sides
may be power and noise filtration related...

--- "markbalester at libero.it" <markbalester at libero.it>