[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream transfer solution + DTMF translation possible?

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Thu Jan 22 17:51:56 MST 2004

> The solution to the problems with the Grandstream 1.0.4.39 firmware is
> to use inband (in-audio) DTMF.  Neither the RFC2833 nor INFO seem to
> work.

Don't the Grandstreams send a DTMF 'F' INFO message on a hookflash?
Shouldn't be that hard to change chan_sip to register an 'F' as an
AST_FLASH control message.

I'd do it, but I couldn't test it...since it seems that Grandstream hasn't
found it in the goodness of their heart to add hookflash support to the
HandyTone ATA.