[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream transfer solution + DTMF translation possible?

Barton Hodges barton at gcmcomputers.com
Thu Jan 22 15:14:41 MST 2004

The solution to the problems with the Grandstream 1.0.4.39 firmware is
to use inband (in-audio) DTMF.  Neither the RFC2833 nor INFO seem to
work.

However, this presents another problem.  When I'm using g729 to place
a call, I get the warning "Unable to process inband DTMF" because
inband is not supposed to work with g729 (although it does seem to
work when I've tried it so far).  Can Asterisk convert between
different modes of DTMF?  For instance, my phone would use inband, and
Asterisk would convert this to rfc2833 before reaching the channel I
am connected to?  I've tried using dtmfmode=rfc2833 in the service
definition in sip.conf.

Thanks,

Barton