[Asterisk-Users] Mailing List Lag

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Jan 22 16:17:07 MST 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 14:04, WipeOut wrote:
> Christian Hoffmeyer wrote:

I'd believe that the mail server handles that many messages.  Consider
that all messages are handled twice:  once coming in, thousands of times
out.  Add to that the number of bounces and mail delayed messages, due
to various mailing servers being down.  Now also, don't forget that
Digium has a dozen or more people with email accounts, each of whom
probably deal with hundreds of messages a day.  Also don't forget that
the mail server has to deal with spam, especially since there's quite a
few digium.com addresses which are publically displayed.  That adds up
to quite a lot of messages.

And given any mailing list for a community, it is probable that the vast
majority of those subscribed NEVER post to the list.  While it tends to
be the same group of people who respond to questions, the new users
asking questions seems to be different every week.

-Tilghman