[Asterisk-Users] need help configuring IAX to make outbound calls through a remote server

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Thu Jan 22 09:21:24 MST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Paul Mahler waxed:

> I am trying to make outbound calls from my Asterisk client through a remote
> Asterisk server with IAX.
>
> In iax.conf on both sides
>
> [dar]
> context=trusted
> secret=xxxxxx
> type=friend
> host=192.168.1.1

I'm not going to try and fix all of this, but if you've got
the same hostname on both hosts, one of them doesn't know
about the other.  You need to set the host differently on
each of the hosts.  Ie, on 192.168.1.1, you need to set
"host=192.168.1.2" and on 192.168.1.2, you need to set
"host=192.168.1.1".

> in extensions.conf  at the client making the call
>
> Exten=_1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/dar:xxxxxx at 192.168.1.1/)
>
> What goes in extensions.conf at the remote server? What is needed for the
> remote server to accept the call from my client, figure out the dialed
> number and then dial it outbound on some line?

You'll need to have a "trusted" context in each, for
starters.  But there's a lot more dialplan work you'll need
to do, depending on where your outbound lines are, what
numbers they can dial without incurring toll charges, etc.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May