[Asterisk-Users] need help configuring IAX to make outbound calls through a remote server

Paul Mahler pmahler at signate.com
Wed Jan 21 18:26:42 MST 2004

I am trying to make outbound calls from my Asterisk client through a remote
Asterisk server with IAX.

In iax.conf on both sides

[dar]

context=trusted

secret=xxxxxx

type=friend

host=192.168.1.1

in extensions.conf  at the client making the call

Exten=_1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/dar:xxxxxx at 192.168.1.1/)

What goes in extensions.conf at the remote server? What is needed for the
remote server to accept the call from my client, figure out the dialed
number and then dial it outbound on some line?

Thanks!

Paul

Paul Mahler

mail:pmahler at signate.com