[Asterisk-Users] Cause of transfer problem (GRANDSTREAM!)

Barton Hodges barton at gcmcomputers.com
Thu Jan 22 08:39:01 MST 2004

It turns out that the cause of the transfer problem is the Grandstream
1.0.4.39 firmware.  I was shipped a bunch of HandyTone-286 devices
that contained the 1.0.4.30 firmware.  This version had a bug where
the phone would sometimes not ring at all.  I was told by Grandstream
to upgrade to the 1.0.4.39 version.  This broke the "Use # as Dial
Key" option, and evidently transfer as well.  I still do not have any
problems with my 1.0.3.81 phones, but I've read that I cannot
downgrade from a 1.0.4x version to a 1.0.3x version.  I'm pretty
pissed that they shipped me what I consider to be defective devices,
do not give me a way to back down to a usable version, and do not have
a fix for this problem that makes all of the devices completely
unusable to me.