[Asterisk-Users] PSTN gateway

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Jan 22 06:58:27 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deepakumar JV" <jvdeepak at yahoo.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 8:37 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] PSTN gateway

> Hello
>
> Has anyone come across a small residential PSTN gateway? Its not worth
> running a * just as a PSTN gateway as it requries a seperate system /
power
> / etc...
>
> I am looking for a device that could connect to * and a pstn line so that
> could register that device to * and make pstn calls via that device.

I'm confused. Do you want to get rid of *, or not?

It sounds like you're just looking for an IP phone to pstn gateway service.
See: vonage, voicepulse, etc...

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.