[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digium X100P for $43

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Thu Jan 22 04:47:36 MST 2004

No, nothing fishy.  It's a WinModem.  Digium didn't make it to begin
with.

It's commodity hardware.

You can get them for $14-19 a piece.  But that's just not "the right
thing to do".  Asterisk development is paid for in part by sales of this
hardware.  Buy it from Digium, and you get support as well.

I had a problem compiling the zap drivers when I got mine.  When I
called, the phone was picked up immediately, by a real person who knew
exactly what they were talking about.  Digium support actually SSHed
into my box and fixed it/showed me what I was doing wrong.

The support is well worth the price, especially if you are building a
production server.  Or if your time is worth anything at all for that
matter.

Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel (NY): +1 917 477 0468 x235