[Asterisk-Users] Mailing List Lag

Steve Foy steve at unite.net
Thu Jan 22 01:39:09 MST 2004

I get exactly the same thing, from here in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

I've got a reliable box on the MCI/Worldcom/UUNet network with more than
plenty of bandwidth.

I'd be willing to host the list, I guess it just depends on how many
emails/day the Asterisk list goes through...

Steve

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 10:42:15PM -0500, mattf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ditto here, it seems to be the worst 9am to 5pm in the USA, any other time
> than that messages get posted right away.
>
> Ping times from both of my network connections to digium.com domains are
> horrible at 300-700ms but the last hop before entering the digium.com land
> is always really good 30-40ms
>
> I am just assuming here, but I'll bet that the fact that the cvs server and
> FTP server for Asterisk are running on the same connection may mean that
> emails get sent out at a much slower rate. I also bet that there are
> hundreds if not thousands of members of the mailing lists.
>
> I don't suppose someone on the list has a reliable machine on a large
> backbone network in some colo that has a lot of bandwidth to burn and would
> want to host a large listserv?
>

> Now for some useless info:
>
> Their list server (rattler.digium.com) seems to be running Redhat while
> their webserver(hoochie.digium.com) is running Debian
>
> MATT---

Steve Foy        |  http://www.unite.net
UNITE Solutions  |  Tel: 028 9077 7338