[Asterisk-Users] Mailing List Lag

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Jan 21 20:42:15 MST 2004

Hello,

Ditto here, it seems to be the worst 9am to 5pm in the USA, any other time
than that messages get posted right away.

Ping times from both of my network connections to digium.com domains are
horrible at 300-700ms but the last hop before entering the digium.com land
is always really good 30-40ms

I am just assuming here, but I'll bet that the fact that the cvs server and
FTP server for Asterisk are running on the same connection may mean that
emails get sent out at a much slower rate. I also bet that there are
hundreds if not thousands of members of the mailing lists.

I don't suppose someone on the list has a reliable machine on a large
backbone network in some colo that has a lot of bandwidth to burn and would
want to host a large listserv?

Now for some useless info:

Their list server (rattler.digium.com) seems to be running Redhat while
their webserver(hoochie.digium.com) is running Debian

MATT---