[Asterisk-Users] Making a call with sample.call

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Wed Jan 21 10:54:13 MST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Steve Foy waxed:

> Hi there, I'm having some trouble with getting Asterisk to make a call, I
> think it should be quite easy, but anyway...
>
> Using the following file contents:
>
> ##
> Channel: Zap/3/<TEL NUMBER HERE>
>
> MaxRetries: 2
> RetryTime: 60
> WaitTime: 30
>
> Context: phones
> Extension: 502
> ##
>
> Extension 502 is simply one that plays a sound back. When I dump this file
> into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing, it does call the number, but when I pick
> up the phone, I just get a dial tone as if Asterisk has maybe hung up before
> playing the sound.
>
> Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here? The extension does work correctly
> when called normally.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Try putting a Wait(2) in at extension 502, priority 1; and
move the Playback(sndfile) down to priority 2.  Maybe it's a
real short sound ?  Take a look at what's happening on the
* console with "sudo asterisk -r"

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May