[Asterisk-Users] Making a call with sample.call

Steve Foy steve at unite.net
Wed Jan 21 07:41:20 MST 2004

Hi there, I'm having some trouble with getting Asterisk to make a call, I
think it should be quite easy, but anyway...

Using the following file contents:

##
Channel: Zap/3/<TEL NUMBER HERE>

MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30

Context: phones
Extension: 502
##

Extension 502 is simply one that plays a sound back. When I dump this file
into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing, it does call the number, but when I pick
up the phone, I just get a dial tone as if Asterisk has maybe hung up before
playing the sound.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here? The extension does work correctly
when called normally.

Regards,
Steve

--