[Asterisk-Users] Starting with MGCP and Asterisk

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Wed Jan 21 10:16:33 MST 2004

Hi.
   I'm trying to start a MGCP configuration in Asterisk but i have some
basic problems.  I hope that someone can help me.
First ..how do set two call agents in the configuration files?
How is the extensions.conf for MGCP?!

I'm trying to start the Asterisk, and obtain this:

[root at server3 asterisk]# ./asterisk -vvvc
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory)
Asterisk CVS-01/12/04-14:19:57, Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Linux Support
Services, Inc.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at linux-support.net>
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/logger.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory)
Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
  == Manager registered action Ping
  == Manager registered action Logoff
  == Manager registered action Hangup
  == Manager registered action Status
  == Manager registered action Redirect
  == Manager registered action Originate
  == Manager registered action MailboxStatus
  == Manager registered action Command
  == Manager registered action ExtensionState
  == Manager registered action AbsoluteTimeout
  == Manager registered action MailboxCount
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory)
Unable to open management configuration manager.conf.  Call management
disabled.
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/rtp.conf': Not found (No such file or directory)
  == RTP Allocating from port range 5000 -> 31000
Asterisk PBX Core Initializing
Registering builtin applications:
 [AbsoluteTimeout]
  == Registered application 'AbsoluteTimeout'
 [Answer]
  == Registered application 'Answer'
 [BackGround]
  == Registered application 'BackGround'
 [Busy]
  == Registered application 'Busy'
 [Congestion]
  == Registered application 'Congestion'
 [DigitTimeout]
  == Registered application 'DigitTimeout'
 [Goto]
  == Registered application 'Goto'
 [GotoIf]
  == Registered application 'GotoIf'
 [GotoIfTime]
  == Registered application 'GotoIfTime'
 [Hangup]
  == Registered application 'Hangup'
 [NoOp]
  == Registered application 'NoOp'
 [Prefix]
  == Registered application 'Prefix'
 [ResetCDR]
  == Registered application 'ResetCDR'
 [ResponseTimeout]
  == Registered application 'ResponseTimeout'
 [Ringing]
  == Registered application 'Ringing'
 [SayNumber]
  == Registered application 'SayNumber'
 [SayDigits]
  == Registered application 'SayDigits'
 [SetAccount]
  == Registered application 'SetAccount'
 [SetGlobalVar]
  == Registered application 'SetGlobalVar'
 [SetLanguage]
  == Registered application 'SetLanguage'
 [SetVar]
  == Registered application 'SetVar'
 [StripMSD]
  == Registered application 'StripMSD'
 [Suffix]
  == Registered application 'Suffix'
 [Wait]
  == Registered application 'Wait'
Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/modules.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory)
Unable to open modules directory /usr/lib/asterisk/modules.
Unable to open modules directory /usr/lib/asterisk/modules.
Unable to open Asterisk database
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/enum.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory)
Asterisk Ready.

I think that maybe the asterisk.conf file is missing?.. where i canf find a
sample for this file?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.

Ricardo