[Asterisk-Users] Getting correct CDR info

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 17:01:50 MST 2004

Hi Jimmy,
 I have CDR issues also and was thinking of seeing if I could write a patch to
fix, my particular problem which I think you include below alebit subtley is
that there are numerous circumstances where you would expect multiple CDRs and
you currently get one minus bits of vital detail eg

Scenario1: IVR service

A call comes in, caller gets a menu, hits an option and gets connected to an
external pstn number.

You need a CDR to cover the inbound call, showing the total time, the original
CLI and the number that the call came in on (DNI) as the dst

You also need a CDR to show the call made by the system showing only the time of
the outbound leg and the external number as the dst.

The reason for this is that you want to produce stats and possibly charges for
the service eg this may be a toll free service that your customer pays the
inbound call charges for, you may also wish to charge for the outbound call to
the customer eg this is some kind of dialthro

Scenario2: end user voip pstn service

Ok simple, your providing pstn service to biz/home users giving each a phone as
tho it were pstn.. lets say you have a call divert facility, one of your
customers dials another customer (hence generating a charge + CDR). The other
customer has setup a divert to their mobile phone (hence generating a charge +
another CDR to the that customer).

Theres more situations, especially when you start doing complex things involving
multiple customers and services on your platform.

In addition to being able to generate multiple CDRs there needs to be some
additional controls to be able to alter the cdr fields or add more user fields..

Steve