[Asterisk-Users] Enter Pin followed by Pound key

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Tue Jan 20 11:38:12 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Franczyk" <gary at de-scribe.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 10:51 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Enter Pin followed by Pound key

> Im trying to create a custom application via the AGI.  I want to
> authenticate the users that dial in with a userid and pin.  However, the
> number of digits in the PIN and userid are variable, and therefore I need
> allow the user to "press enter" by hitting the pound key.  How would I
> accomplish this in the AGI?
>
> stream_file doesnt seem to work, since it only allows one digit to be
> pressed.
> get_data seems to only allow a fixed number of digits to be entered.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of school, as I have never programmed AGIs, but
from what you described, the stream_file taking one digit at a time should
be sufficient.

string entry
while (keypressed != #)
{
    entry += keypressed
}

In this way, you could "build up" your string of digits.

Don't know how AGI is working specifically, but hopefully this will trigger
some thought or idea.