[Asterisk-Users] Re-Invite between SIP phones

Michael Koehler koehler at nikotel.com
Tue Jan 20 10:23:31 MST 2004

basically for (re)negotiation on session parameters like:

media codecs,
media IP and PORT

In common it is useful to put a line on hold by setting the media IP to
0.0.0.0
or for a soft redirection of the media stream to another IP and/or PORT.

On the second hand there is a feature called "timer" to check for
aliveness of a session.