[Asterisk-Users] Re-Invite between SIP phones

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jan 20 08:46:00 MST 2004

I suspect you are using a Dial() statement that has something like
"T" or "t" on it, which will force the media path through Asterisk so
that Asterisk can listen for # keypresses.

Please include the full context of the dialing routine so it can be
examined.  Trim down a test to the absolute simplest form of a Dial
and try to see if reinvite works.

JT

At 6:30 AM -0800 1/20/04, Al wrote:

>I'm trying to place calls between Cisco ATAs and
>XLite clients. Calls go through perfectly.
>
>Both sides of the call negotiate the same CODEC
>(G711a).
>
>I read that older Cisco ATA 186 firmwares don't
>support reinvites but when capturing traffic there is
>no Asterisk attempt to send the reinvite message.
>
>Al
>

>--- "Low, Adam" <ALow at Prioritytelecom.com> wrote:
>>  I'd suggest placing a packet sniffer (tcpdump,
>>  etherreal) and see whats happening because it works
>>  great for me and always has but I guess it also
>>  requires support on the end-points and possibly
>>  (assuming non-cisco enviro) there maybe an option
>>  that needs to be configured on your phones/gateways.
>>
>>  Please provide more information on your setup ...

[People-  TRIM YOUR POSTS - there was like 6k worth of crap down here]