[Asterisk-Users] Lucent and ISDN-PRI

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Mon Jan 19 15:53:25 MST 2004

Matthew Branton wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> So I have been further exploring the integration of our asterisk server
> and our lucent definity g3si system. I took the suggestion of setting up
> an isdn-pri line added the two way tie trunk and the signalling group,
> but can't seem to get the PRI signalling working on the asterisk
> correctly. I've set pri type to network on the lucent, and pri_cpe in
> zapata on the asterisk, but I am a bit confused as to the zaptel
> settings in this situation. It seems no matter what signaling mode I
> choose in zaptel.conf (with the exception of clear) I get an error on
> asterisk startup complaining about requested PRI vs unknown signalling.
>
> Any help would be appreciated in getting this working / ironing out some
> of my conceptual issues. :)  I did get the lucent ot work under an e&m
> based tie group but that didn't seem to give me any more functionality
> than I had managed before.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Matt

Matt,

You know I'll be following this thread!

Found a good reference for G3 isdn-pri you should
have a look. Go's into good detail, more then the
stock implementation manuals do.

http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/multivantage/025107_1/025107_1.pdf

I noticed you said you where going to use a TN767(E) circuit pack, did you?

Depending on your system(version) you might have to use TN464 for ISDN-PRI

It's questionable as to weither you can use a TN767 for ISDN-PRI w/FAS
Some systems you can, others you can not.
You might need to install a packet adjunct TN555

Are you sure your D channel is up?
It's seems the TN767 is mostly used as ISDN-PRI w/NFAS.

Anyhow just a thought, cause that's where I'm at right now
is trying to figure out which circuit pack I need to use.