[Asterisk-Users] Lucent and ISDN-PRI

Matthew Branton mbranton at xtracard.com
Mon Jan 19 11:16:44 MST 2004

Hi Everyone,

So I have been further exploring the integration of our asterisk server and
our lucent definity g3si system. I took the suggestion of setting up an
isdn-pri line added the two way tie trunk and the signalling group, but
can't seem to get the PRI signalling working on the asterisk correctly. I've
set pri type to network on the lucent, and pri_cpe in zapata on the
asterisk, but I am a bit confused as to the zaptel settings in this
situation. It seems no matter what signaling mode I choose in zaptel.conf
(with the exception of clear) I get an error on asterisk startup complaining
about requested PRI vs unknown signalling.

Any help would be appreciated in getting this working / ironing out some of
my conceptual issues. :)  I did get the lucent ot work under an e&m based
tie group but that didn't seem to give me any more functionality than I had
managed before.

Thanks,

Matt