[Asterisk-Users] Different Caller ID for each Zap Interface

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jan 19 10:48:50 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 10:41, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > I have 3 Digium X100P cards, and I'm sure there must be some way of
> > configuring zapata.conf to allow each line to identify itself with a
> > different Caller ID string.
>
> You cannot set outgoing caller ID on PSTN lines.  PRI only.  For INCOMING
> caller ID (i.e. prefixing the received number) yes you can do that -- tell
> each X100P that it is in a different context, and then set the caller IDs
> in that context and after that is done, include the "main" incoming
> context.

It can be set in the zapata.conf file.

; how simple is this
callerid="Line 1" <(256) 555-1212>
channel =>1
callerid="Line 2" <(256) 555-1213>
channel =>2
callerid="Line 3" <(256) 555-1214>
channel =>3

Just be aware that this will clobber your incoming callerid, and it is
not possible to send outgoing callerid unless you have a PRI and a
supportive telco.