[Asterisk-Users] minimum system hardware for Asterisk install

woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au
Sun Jan 18 18:37:24 MST 2004

Maybe, we are running 4 (2xISDN2) lines via 2 AVM Fritz!Cards on a Celeron
300A, which seems to work fine, we haven't loaded it up heaps though.

> My application is a small level, single port only system. I
> hope to be able
> to connect the box to the Free World Dialup network to allow free call
> access out into Australia as well as provide one pstn number
> into the FWD
> network on a standard Australian phone number.

The X100P isn't A-ticked -- i.e. In Australia you need the telco's written
permission to plug it into their network or risk fines.

> Not knowing a great deal about the particular card (Wildcard
> X100P) is there
> another card on the market supported by asterisk that would
> work on an older
> box?

I think the cheapest A-ticked card is the ISDN NetJet from traverse, but it
gives echo problems.
We find the Fritz!Card gives nice quality.  I think the netjet is around
AU$200 for 2 lines via 1 ISDN 2, and we paid $400 for each of our fritzes
from the australian distributor (the only way to get an A-tick)

I've heard an A-ticked X100P may be coming out soon.