[Asterisk-Users] minimum system hardware for Asterisk install

Ian Pilkington ianlist at ianp.net
Sun Jan 18 07:51:21 MST 2004

Looking at installing Asterisk and have not been able to find any info on
"minimum" or "recommend" system hardware.

I have a box P200MMX 128mb 4.5gb HDD which is running Redhat 8.0 fine.

Noticing on the Digium web site it mentions that the single fxo card
(Wildcard X100P) requires a minimum pIII 500.

Is my intended box going to be too slow?

My application is a small level, single port only system. I hope to be able
to connect the box to the Free World Dialup network to allow free call
access out into Australia as well as provide one pstn number into the FWD
network on a standard Australian phone number.

Not knowing a great deal about the particular card (Wildcard X100P) is there
another card on the market supported by asterisk that would work on an older
box?

Regards,

Ian.