[Asterisk-Users] New sounds also now in CVS

info-lists at robertc.de info-lists at robertc.de
Sun Jan 18 06:55:25 MST 2004

John Todd said:

> Ideas welcome for more text; I may have another timeslot with Allison
> early next week in which there will be some leftover room for
> additional words.  Short phrases and meaningful sets of words for
> existing applications are desired; please don't give me words for
> apps that aren't even thought out yet.

John,
Thanks for initiating and coordinating the sound generation.  This is a
good example of how a community can share and achieve more than a single
person.  But it does take those single people to be the catalyst.

A suggestion for the next list would be "good".  This could be paired with
the already existing morning/afternoon/evening.gsm files to form a
greeting.  I did not see that combination in the existing files.

Regarding the CVS... Maybe could there be an additional directory for all
of the weather related stuff (like digits, letters, silence?).  Having
speciality  phrases kept together may keep the sounds directory from
becoming so large. Would also make it easier to find phrases.   Just an
idea.

Regards and thanks again for your contributions.
Robert
Friedrichshafen, Germany