[Asterisk-Users] New sounds also now in CVS

Ken Alker ken at impulse.net
Sat Jan 17 20:25:03 MST 2004

--On Saturday, January 17, 2004 8:49 PM -0500 John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com>
wrote:

<SNIP>

> Ideas welcome for more text; I may have another timeslot with Allison
> early next week in which there will be some leftover room for additional
> words.  Short phrases and meaningful sets of words for existing
> applications are desired; please don't give me words for apps that aren't
> even thought out yet.

I don't know where to look to find out if these phrases already exist, so
forgive me if they do.  These are both used on my NorTel NAM II voice mail
system for call transfer screening.  Steve Murphy has written privacy
features (not only thought out, but written) that could use these phrases,
IMHO.

For exact intonation of the below, Allison can dial 805/692-2323 and then
x234.  You'll hear the first two messages after dialing x234.  To hear the
third message, one must wait for the voice mail, wait for the BEEP, then
*don't say anything* for a few seconds.

"please record your name at the tone"
"one moment please"
"please speak louder, or speak directly into the telephone to ensure a
clear recording"

> JT

 Ken Alker         ken at impulse.net            ham radio: KA6SDU
 Impulse Internet Services               http://www.impulse.net
 Santa Barbara,  San Luis Obispo,  Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange
 T-3 / T-1 / ADSL / ISDN / 56K / web hosting / wireless / co-lo