[Asterisk-Users] Re: Voicepulse

Bill Hamel asterisk at hamel.net
Fri Jan 16 19:23:26 MST 2004

Atually with the root servers dropping their domain name announcement "nothing"
would have helped. Well, except for hard codeing the IP rather than using fqdn
in the config. Or making a static entry in the local hosts file ( both have
it's issues)

I prefer to use IP rather than fqdns when possible. But that can introduce other
problems if the host system decides to move you to another host machine by just
changing the DNS name.

Using fqdns in mission critical applications is not a good idea IMHO, it just
adds another layer of something that can go wrong.

Just my $.02 worth ;)

-b