[Asterisk-Users] CAPI not installed, after changed from i4l to CAPI

Sjur Eivind Usken Sjur.Usken at uninett.no
Fri Jan 16 14:33:08 MST 2004

> I had unexpected hangups from my asterix box using the i4l driver.
> (SIP <-> SIP calls worked execellent, but SIP<->ISDN didn't.)
>
> Then I changed the i4l driver in modem.conf with the chan_capi from
> jungham. (http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk)
>
> I followed his instructions in the INSTALL file, and first encountered
> some errors compiling it. It help by deinstalling several isdn4linux
> packages  and install the capi libraries.

The ISDN card is an Eicon Divas PCI 2.01 passive card, and some have
pointed out to me that it has no CAPI support.

While installing the CAPI drivers, I noted that there might be IRQ
problems, even though it's a PCI card.
It shared IRQ with the primary IDE and the USB. I've disabled in the BIOS
all COM and Printer ports, so I used IRQ 5 then for the ISDN card. (used
the bios)

But I still have the same problem, that when calling out, it hangs up
after a random time. All from 10 seconds to 10-20 minutes into the call.

My Asterisk shows me this:
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/57966-8eb5", "modem/g1:097167465||") in new
stack
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/57966-8eb5", "modem/g1:097167465||") in new
stack
    -- Called g1:097167465
    -- Called g1:097167465
    -- Modem[i4l]/ttyI1 answered SIP/57966-8eb5
    -- Modem[i4l]/ttyI1 answered SIP/57966-8eb5
    -- Hungup 'Modem[i4l]/ttyI1'
    -- Hungup 'Modem[i4l]/ttyI1'

I will post all my findings on my website:
http://www.uninett.no/voip
so others can follow this nice software!

--

With kind regards / Med vennlig hilsen

Sjur Eivind Usken
Hospitant i testnett gruppa