[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Integration with Lucent Definity g3si

Matthew Branton mbranton at xtracard.com
Fri Jan 16 10:52:26 MST 2004

Hi everyone,

	We have been working with Asterisk for a while now and would really
like to expand its capabilities by fully integrating it with our Definity
g3si and are wondering about other peoples experiences with similar setups.
Thus far we have only been able to achieve a partial 1 way integration, but
ultimately would love to route inbound voip calls to the asterisk out of the
lucent. Obviously the tighter the integration we can get the better  we can
leverage our existing resources and start migrating aspects of our
operations to voip entirely. Comments and suggestions from you definity
experts out there are very appreciated.

The setup:

Asterisk 0.7.0 on a vanilla gentoo box with a configured T100P digium card
hooked up directly without csu to a TN464 DS1 interface card.

With alot of experimentation it connects (With some timing sync issues) with
the following settings on the DS1:
Bit rate: 1.544
line coding: ami-basic
line compensation: 1
framing mode: d4
signalling mode: robbed bit

Interface companding: mulaw
idle code: 11111111
slip detect: n
near-end CSU type: other

We then set up a trunk group, but I believe because of the limitations of
the card/setup we can only use group type: co which limits us to outbound on
the trunk, or inbound to 1 mapped extension, no DID or more advanced
switching. The temporary solution to this has been to use some of the
lucents built in vectoring capabilities to send specific extensions to the
asterisk. Any recommendations for increasing our integration? Cards/setup
etc? Thanks very much. Being able to send voip calls on the asterisk to
queues on the Lucent would be fantastic.

Matt