[Asterisk-Users] wav49 voicemail problem with Windows Media Player

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Jan 16 08:39:49 MST 2004

Hi,

My guess would be the lengths in the header are not set right. If a wave
file (or a file with a similar structure, like TIFF) works with some
things and not with others, the problem is usually the lengths in the
header. Some software just complains when the lengths are wrong. Some
tries to do its best with what is there. Some software is just so sloppy
it doesn't even realise anything is wrong, but might crash at any moment :-)

Regards,
Steve