[Asterisk-Users] wav49 voicemail problem with Windows Media Player

Jim Flagg flaggj at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 08:19:19 MST 2004

I have done some more investigating and posted this in Bug Tracker

"I have found that the Microsoft Sound Recorder will play the original posted wave file msg0000.WAV without errors. I opened this
file and then re-saved it inside of Sound Recorder with the same GSM 6.10 (wav49) format. The resulting file (msg0000a.WAV) is
slightly different than the original. The msg0000a.WAV file plays without error on Windows Media Player.

Maybe this will give someone a hint as to what the problem is."