[Asterisk-Users] RE: PID

T. Chan tommy.chan at utimail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:02:00 MST 2004

Hi, all !

I have a fast question, I am running a few Asterisk systems, but I just
noticed one thing quite peculiar. After I started "safe_asterisk", and when
I ran PS or TOP, I could see 1 PID "safe_asterisk" and almost 10 PIDs
"asterisk -vvvg -c" even when there was no call. However, for the other
couple, I started "safe_asterisk" and when I ran PS or TOP, I could see 1
PID "safe_asterisk" and only 1 PID "asterisk -vvvg -c", they are all with
Pentium Xeon chip and 512M RAM, no difference in Hardware, and all running
the same version of Asterisk on Redhat 7.3.

Does anyone have any idea why there is a difference please? The reason that
it is important as well is because each "asterisk -vvvg -c" is taking up
certain memory and with 10 (more when there are calls) or more of these, I
am running into memory problem. However, in the other case, no matter how
many calls I have, I only see 1 PID of "asterisk -vvvg -c" and seems that I
have less of a memory problem.

Any feedback to help solve the mystery? Thanks

TOm
---