[Asterisk-Users] ultra-cheap asterisk box

Adthrawn adthrawn at adthrawn.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 16:06:05 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm interested in participating on the embedded side. One of our R&D
labs is working on a number of embedded server solutions, including
servers that are built around a 3" square PCB, linked to a 2" square
PCB with a compact flash interface. It's robust, and up to military
standards (but it's within the civilian domain, so there are no
import/export restrictions).

I'm looking to build a solution, with a custom Linux dist  (that's not
my domain, so I'm looking forward for other people to take this up!),
which can be built into a number of sizes:

- 1u 19" rackmount, but only 400mm deep, so circa that of a router or a
switch. Think -> Cisco
- 1u 8.5" rackmount, mini-Lan cabinets for residential applications
- 3u 19" rackmount, only 400mm, but with front loading for drives,
compact flash (two interfaces for swapping Asterisk loads) and LCD
status or LED status
  (basically, enough room inside to have two PSU's for redundancy and
space for two or three E1/T1 PRI boards.
- Robust IP66 grade outdoor unit - for emergency applications, and for
temporary backup solutions

We have the capability to manufacture these - so I see potential in
developing some robust solutions for the small-biz, and even medium-biz
markets.

Contact me offlist for specific's, or onlist for more group-orientated
specifics.

Ad.

On 15 Jan 2004, at 7:10 pm, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com