[Asterisk-Users] Single/Dual DS3 - anyone seen this?

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Thu Jan 15 14:00:53 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>http://www.imagestream.com/PCI_720.html
>
>Regards,
>Andrew

Andrew,
    I talked to the tech at Imagestream about their products a month or
two ago when there were discussions on the list.  The tech was fairly
insistant that the zap divers must be making use of voice processing on
the zap boards and that it would be impossible to do ds3  with all
processing on the main cpu.  I thought that all of the processing was
done on the cpu for the zap cards but I don't know this absolutely.  His
suggestion was to use digium cards in Imagestream chassis and intergrate
asterisk/zaptel into the linux distro on the unit.  But of course this
wouldn't get you DS3 :)

Andy