[Asterisk-Users] re hardware requirement - asterisk

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Thu Jan 15 12:10:55 MST 2004

Where'd you get that idea from?  A 10-Base-T connection to a switch port
most definitely will (and should) fun full duplex.

> But why does it matter?  A single VOIP connection will not
> even use 1% of a simplex 10BaseT.  Simplex 100BaseT should be
> able to handle dozens and dozens of calls

Properly configured, yes.  I don't know the details of your issue, but
I've seen more shoddily "auto-detected" connections that I care to
remember (3Com cards on Auto <-> Cisco Catalyst on Auto anyone?).  Lock
the speed/duplex on the switch and the server, and check for collisions,
etc. on the port.

Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel (NY): +1 917 477 0468 x235