[Asterisk-Users] re hardware requirement - asterisk

Sean Cheesman scheesman at macarthur-group.com
Thu Jan 15 11:52:36 MST 2004

well, it does say SIMPLEX in the fxp0 flags section.  I don't honestly
know if this means it's negotiated half duplex, or something beyond
that....  10baseT is capable of running full duplex, although this
requires a NIC capable of is, as well as a switch that can do FD.  And
regarding the 1% comment, the benefit with full duplex comes in to play
with collisions, not so much traffic amounts.