[Asterisk-Users] Disturbing trend of * production boxes that shouldn't be

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Thu Jan 15 09:14:39 MST 2004

This is a disturbing trend....people who don't know much about Asterisk
and/or Linux and/or telephony who "Need to make these things work" or
"need to know how to update [their] production box installation...sorry
I don't know Linux at all".

Asterisk is great, but to maintain it and especially to repair things
when they've gone wrong, you need to know what you're doing.  Its your
job (the people I'm talking about know who they are), so do as you wish,
but I sure would install something I know little or nothing about and
call it production.

Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel (NY): +1 917 477 0468 x235