[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD 4.9?

asterisk at lists.styx.org asterisk at lists.styx.org
Wed Jan 14 13:07:22 MST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 07:34:20AM -0500, Troy Settle wrote:

> I'm not completely conversant on how GPL software can be committed to
> the kernel, but I believe it can be done under the contrib/ directory.

I think the *BSD kernel device drivers should be BSD
licensed. BSD and Linux device drivers are different
enough that this can probably be done without re-using
code, so shouldn't be a big problem. There is also
precedent with EXT2FS support for GPL drivers being
included (in /usr/src/sys/gnu on FreeBSD), but it will
be much easier if the drivers are BSD licensed.

As well, once drivers exist for one BSD, porting them
to the others will be *much* easier.

-w
--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign