[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD 4.9?

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Wed Jan 14 08:11:23 MST 2004

John,

I thought you might be interested.  I don't know the particulars about
driver portability between the BSD's, but it seems that at least on x86
hardware, it should be fairly easy.  I'll include those 2 in the bounty.

I'm not sure what hier(1) has on the other BSDs, but in FreeBSD it is
completely acceptable and desirable to have /usr/local/etc/ for local
configurations.  /, /usr are only for the base OS.

Of course, these are simple build-time configuration options to have.  Each
OS (even each linux distro) has it's own heir(1) scheme, perhaps the work to
get a clean and proper installation of asterisk on FreeBSD will prompt the
developers to also have asterisk install itself properly on other platforms
obeying their respective hierarchies.

John,  Do you think you could talk Mark into making some hardware available
for test/development platforms if we end up with a non-digium person
attacking this?

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks