[Asterisk-Users] How to park and pickup a call

Zhang Peihao zhangpeihao at net-2com.com
Wed Jan 14 06:00:00 MST 2004

Hi WipeOut,

Can you give me a sample?

Zhang Peihao
2004-01-14

----- Original Message -----
From: "WipeOut" <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net>
To: "asterisk-users" <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: 2004-01-14 11:59:00
Subject: Re: Re: [Asterisk-Users] How to park and pickup a call

Zhang Peihao wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>How to park and pickup a call? The scenario of park and pickup
>described as below.
>
>UserA made a call to UserB, and the call ware connected,
>Then UserB parked (or hold) the call, and told UserC to pickup
>the call on one line, and then, UserC pressed some keys to
>pickup the call.
>
>Who can tell me what's the Park/Pickup's typical flow in
>the Asterisk.  And how to set the sip.conf, extensions.conf
>and parking.conf to implement it.

AFAIK call parking does not work with a number of SIP UA's because the
call is transferred into the parking location and then the SIP UA
terminates the call so you will not hear which location the call was
parked to..

You may be able to setup a workaround to the problem using the "t"
option in your extension configuration and then use the # key to perform
the transfer instead of the SIP transfer key on your phone..

later..

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: