[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk (outside NAT) + BudgeTone (behind NAT)

Chandra chandra at digital.com.np
Tue Jan 13 21:48:14 MST 2004

I have been really trying to solve the this problem. Has anyone had a
success on this one? I have asterisk setup outside my NAT with public IP and
I am trying to establish a connection from Budgetone behind NAT with private
IP. Everything seems to be working fine. They are registered, call rings
successfully but there is a problem after the caller picks up the phone. IN
CLI i constantly get:

WARNING[22544]: File rtp.c, Line 375 (ast_rtp_read): RTP Read error:
Resource temporarily unavailable

i also get some grandstream1 is now too lagged and after sometime i get
grandstream1 is now reacheable messages..

i have this in sip.conf

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind to
;externip = 200.201.202.203     ; Address that we're going to put in SIP
messages if we're behind a NAT
tos=lowdelay
disallow=all                    ; Disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw                      ; Allow codecs in order of preference

dtmfmode=info

[grandstream1]
type=friend
host=dynamic