[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + BudgeTone (behind NAT)

Owen Kelso owen at barkie.net
Sun Jan 11 21:06:52 MST 2004

Thanks for all of your responses.

I confirmed that the phone works perfectly without NAT or through a IPSec
VPN (yeah, I know, same thing).

I've concluded that the Netgear router (FVS318) performing the NAT is
corrupting the outgoing RTP packets.  Traces confirmed that the BudgeTone
is sending them out with a UDP checksum of 0 but the next hop after the
Netgear router they are set to a non-zero value (an incorrect one).
Asterisk is never even seeing the packets because the kernel is
recognizing them as corrupt and dropping them, hence the recvfrom()
"Resource temporarily unavailable" errors in rtp.c.

I'm going to write Netgear to see what they have to say about it.  If I
make any progress I'll post to the list...thanks again, Owen