[Asterisk-Users] Re: Mediatrix 1102 issue after upgrading to CVS

cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com
Tue Jan 13 15:15:42 MST 2004

__________________

We just did an upgrade on our Asterisk to the CVS version and our
Mediatrix 1102s stopped working correctly.  Our Asterisk is connected to
the PSTN with a PRI.  Calls from the PSTN to the Mediatrix 1102 work fine.
 The issue is calling out to the PSTN from the 1102.  Asterisk looks like
it process the call just fine except there is no talk path.  Get this,
though: If you flash hook and then flash hook again, the call is there.

These units worked fine before our Asterisk upgrade.  VoIP to VoIP works
fine; it's just VoIP to the PSTN.  Has anyone experienced something like
this with the CVS version?

(On the flip side, my Zultys Zip4x4 is now completely working.  Before our
upgrade, Zultys tech support said they had to create a software patch to
overcome Asterisk leaving the contact field blank.  I failed to load the
patch before our upgrade and now that issue is gone.)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!

chris

I'm sorry; I think I found the issue.  We've been playing with the codec
preferences and had GSM before g.711mulaw.  Since the Mediatrix 1102
doesn't have a GSM codec, I think it had trouble establishing a codec
link.  By doing a flash-hook twice, that was enough to get the call
through.

SO, I don't think it had anything to do with the CVS upgrade.  I changed
the order of codec preference and calls are going through just fine.

Thanks!

chris